Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas is coming!

I'm always amazed at how quickly the years go by. I remember when I was a child, older people used to tell me to enjoy each day, "because the older you get, the faster the days go by." Well, they were right. I'm not very old, but I do know that each day and all of it's moments are precious and need to be enjoyed.

I took a little flack for setting up my Christmas tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. But I figure, if the stores can have all their Christmas stuff up before Halloween, why in the world do I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate my house? Seriously, this holiday is my favorite and I want to enjoy the wonderful look and feel of it as long as possible!

Plus, having a 4 year-old makes this even more fun. Casey loves Christmas and winter. This year I'm going to try to not be a scrooge about either one. I am struggling with what to get my family for Christmas. I love pictures, both taking them and getting them. So I'm guessing that's the direction we'll go this year. I've never been very good at picking out Christmas gifts. Part of my struggle comes from the fact that we already have so much, why do we have to spend a ton of money on more? I think I would rather take a family vacation somewhere and make a ton of new memories that way. Am I strange? I feel like we get the commercialized part of Christmas shoved down our throats. What is Christmas really about? Does anyone remember?

How can I honor Jesus during this time of year? Or better yet, how can I honor Him every day of the year? I find myself becoming so consumed with all the stuff in my life that I forget to make time for the one Person who has made my life possible! If I can change my eating/dieting habits, then I can most certainly change my daily habits and insert Jesus into every aspect of who I am!

I know this post was very random, but so am I!

No comments: