Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bandwagon

So, Chris has finally jumped on my bandwagon - we are both going to try to lose weight this year. I can't express my relief that he's finally doing this with me. It's so hard to go it alone... Now he's also concerned that we eat healthier and not have so much junk food around - which includes my yummy homemade treats.... Hopefully we can make this work!

In the spirit of trying to cut back a bit on sugar, carb intake - I made a crustless pizza today for lunch. It was really good! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. Basically, I used hamburger for the crust - pressed it into the pan and baked it for 30 minutes, then drained it and added the rest of the ingredients. I added a little more sauce than I normally would for pizza, but since it's my own recipe, I know exactly what's in it and it's not loaded with sugar like a lot of sauces. I should've taken a picture - maybe next time. Chris said I could definitely make it again, so I guess that means it's a winner! Yay!

Along with the weight thing, this year we are trying desperately to get out of credit card debt. We made exceptionally bad choices in that area several years ago and are now trying to dig out of that hole. I look back at what our income used to be before Casey was born and I just cringe - we could've been out of debt YEARS ago! But that doesn't help us now, so... for the past 2 years we have been buckling down - especially last year! - and praying that we can be out from under that debt by the end of the year!

I'm trying to come up with ideas to contribute to that "loss" of debt. So, I'm hoping to pick up a couple of house-cleaning jobs. I don't really enjoy it, but it's not fair for Chris to be working 2 jobs and house cleaning is good money and would help out tremendously! I also want to get more involved with taking pictures. Of people, that is. :) I love photography and feel like there's so much opportunity out there. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this year takes me!

No comments: