Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh to be debt-free...

Chris and I are trying desperately to get out of debt. We've put ourselves on a strict budget and are throwing every penny on our lousy debts. I'm a big fan of Dave Ramsey's and have been inspired by all those people who call in to his show to scream, "I'm debt free!!" I want to do that someday. It sickens me to think that we could have been out of debt years ago - long before Casey was born - if we had been sensible and smart about our money... But you can't change the past, you can only learn from it and move forward. Which is what we are doing. And we are making progress, even on our measly little income. We've stopped using our credit cards, which is what got us into trouble in the first place! But now, it's the unexpected expenses that keep popping up - - Chris' appendectomy in February, major car repair in April, health insurance increase - - just to name a few. Amazingly, we're still making progress on that debt, even though we've had a bit of a setback.

I know it will all be worth it in the end. To be debt-free. Can you imagine? What would you do? I know what I'll do - celebrate!! We're getting a sitter and going out on a date - a real one! And we're going to stay on a budget so that this never happens again!!!

No comments: