Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer?

It's sad. My house looks like we've been having nice weather. Meaning that we've been spending the majority of our time outside! That's not a bad thing. I just need to be more efficient when I'm inside. I'll get there!

Today the pool is opening and Casey is chomping at the bit to get there. She's so funny! This year I'm having her start swim lessons and hopefully I can teach her some basics, too. After all, I'm assuming we will be there almost every day. I'm looking forward to the adult swim time. I'm going to take full advantage of it and get in a good workout. Last summer I went a couple times, not nearly as often as I should have! And wow! What a workout! I was really out of shape then, I can only imagine how bad it will be this year...

We are getting ready to take our "new" camper on it's maiden voyage. Next weekend we finally get to use Chris' creation and I can't wait! It's always fun to camp with friends, but this time we won't have to sleep in a tent and we'll have air conditioning! I'll post pictures as soon as I take them.

Casey was sick for 10 days with Hand, Foot & Mouth. It was awful! The pictures I posted earlier were only the start of how bad it got. Poor child wouldn't eat a thing and I basically had to force her to drink. She had a horrible sore throat along with blisters on her tongue, cheeks, gums and lips. Unfortunately, there's nothing they can do for this - it's viral and has to run it's course - but, wow, it was horrible. From what I read, I think she had an exceptionally bad case of it. By Friday, day 8, it was so bad, I called the Dr just to see if there was anything else I could try. She called in a prescription that I later found out was just to appease me - she never actually spoke with me. And that REALLY upset me! Enough so that I've switched doctors. Never prescribe something for my child just to get me off your back... In spite of all that, I now have my sweet Casey back and jumping to go swimming!

The nice weather and lunch is calling my name... Lunch, by the way, is homemade pizza made with olive oil for the sauce, fresh mozzarella and veggies. The best pizza ever.

No comments: