Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekend Babbling

Why is it that even though I know what I need to do to lose weight, I struggle so much? It doesn't matter how many different diets I try, or how many exercise dvds I buy, or how many "magic" pills I pop, it all boils down to this very basic truth: To lose weight, one must eat less and move more. How much more simple can it get!? I mean, seriously!

With that said, this week went fairly well. I've been trying to watch my portion sizes and to drink a lot of water. I figured out a way to make sure that I drink enough water every day - I fill a milk jug every morning and it needs to be empty by the time I go to bed. I've also been trying to "listen" to my stomach, so that when I'm full, I stop eating. Drinking plenty of water each day has really helped me with that! I've also been trying to get some exercise in every day - that's been the hard part. I finally decided that I don't like to deliberately exercise. Even with having Julie to motivate me, it's a struggle. So I've been trying to run around the house with Casey, walk to the library, go up and down the steps as much as I can during the day. Basically, I try to keep moving. With nearly one week under my belt, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Hopefully the scale will reflect that on Monday... I'm going to try to add a little more fiber into my diet and see if that helps, too. I'm sure I'm not getting enough on a daily basis. That, and sleep. I'm terrible at getting enough sleep. I guess these are my add-on goals for next week: Keep moving, More fiber, Get enough sleep.

On a different note, I've decided to stop selling Creative Memories products. I never thought I would get to this day, but it's funny how changes in our lives effect the things we do... *duh* I'm a little melancholy about it, but I also feel a sense of relief to be out from under the consultant obligations. I've done so very little since we moved, and it just doesn't make sense to continue right now. Plus, I've hardly done any scrapping in the last year and a half. I'm so far behind! I love to scrapbook - I especially love the finished product. I hear my pictures calling my name!

No comments: