Friday, February 26, 2010

Re-Connecting

I think I'm finally starting to feel a few Facebook (FB) withdrawal symptoms. It's been a week, and I've paid attention to a ton of things that were suffering from the lack thereof; however, I'm also starting to realize that I had let FB become my social life - yikes! I mean, it's FB, come on! How scary is that!? That's why I think I'm feeling the withdrawal. I guess you could say I'm feeling a little "lonely"? How ridiculous does that sound...ugh.... So, looking ahead - I am going to be intentional about re-connecting with my friends - in real life!

I had a good re-connect this past week. And it reminded me how crazy, and sometimes devastating, gossip can be. Oh man, I really want to be the person who does NOT listen to, participate in or encourage gossip. It's so ugly and amazing how quickly it can become this huge distorted monster. Seriously. I learned an invaluable lesson this week - when I hear something about a family member or a friend, I need to go directly to them. And I mean directly - do not pass Go, do not collect $200 - go directly to them. Psalm 39:1 says, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth..." That pretty much sums it up.

On a totally different note... Be sure to check out my new amateur photography blog "Enjoy The Moment". I don't claim to be a pro, but I sure do love to take pictures!

No comments: